22 replies to this topic

#1 Luis Renova

Luis Renova

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 339 posts
  • LocationOklahoma City, Oklahoma

Posted 28 May 2013 - 09:25 PM

My buddies Jeff and Sean "Farm Truck" were contacted by Discovery a few months ago. They wanted to film a reality show about street racing. There are a bunch of local guys from here that will be on the show.

Good Deals with: Wall - technetium-99m - Mark Walker - freespiritballoon - TacticalK9 - Beau - 454305 - R. Pullicar. jr

lqSXpTI.gif

#2 DoctorJJ

DoctorJJ

Doc's Gun Store

• Sponsor
  • 913 posts
  • LocationPryor, OK

Posted 28 May 2013 - 10:48 PM

What's that thing run?

#3 The Antichrome

The Antichrome

.50 BMG

• Moderators
  • 1,888 posts
  • LocationFort Smith, AR

Posted 28 May 2013 - 11:27 PM

Disgusting that discovery would glorify such illegal filth.

They should be in jail, with permanently revoked licenses, and have their cars seized.

Robert McDaniel

Practiscore SUCKS.

#4 Luis Renova

Luis Renova

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 339 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 09:27 AM

What's that thing run?

10's in a 1/4 mile.

Check it out.

Good Deals with: Wall - technetium-99m - Mark Walker - freespiritballoon - TacticalK9 - Beau - 454305 - R. Pullicar. jr

lqSXpTI.gif

#5 Luis Renova

Luis Renova

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 339 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 09:31 AM

They should be in jail, with permanently revoked licenses, and have their cars seized.

BHTYdws.jpg

lqSXpTI.gif

#6 Real Name

Real Name

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts
  • LocationSoutheast of Disorder

Posted 29 May 2013 - 09:39 AM

I agree completely.  You want to race, take it to a track and do it right.  32 miles south of town there is Thunder Valley where you can run every Friday night.  

Illegal street racing is just that.  You want it to end, confiscate the cars every time.  

#7 Avezorak

Avezorak

.22 LR

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 128 posts
  • LocationCollege Station, TX

Posted 30 May 2013 - 06:19 AM

That truck is sweet. Ive always loved sleepers.

#8 Jake Burki

Jake Burki

Semi-Pro/Beep that SH!T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 828 posts
  • LocationNorman

Posted 30 May 2013 - 07:59 AM

Thunder valley has went to shit. Your safer on the street.

#9 kaiserb

kaiserb

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts
  • LocationDFW Texas

Posted 30 May 2013 - 10:06 AM

I agree completely.  You want to race, take it to a track and do it right.  32 miles south of town there is Thunder Valley where you can run every Friday night.  

Illegal street racing is just that.  You want it to end, confiscate the cars every time.  

This show follows the format of most History channel and Discover channel shows, that formula is: 

FaBrIcAtEd DrAmA FaBrIcAtEd DrAmA FaBrIcAtEd DrAmA FaBrIcAtEd DrAmA FaBrIcAtEd DrAmA FaBrIcAtEd DrAmAFaBrIcAtEd DrAmA FaBrIcAtEd DrAmA FaBrIcAtEd DrAmA FaBrIcAtEd DrAmA FaBrIcAtEd DrAmA FaBrIcAtEd DrAmA

FaBrIcAtEd DrAmA FaBrIcAtEd DrAmA FaBrIcAtEd DrAmA FaBrIcAtEd DrAmA FaBrIcAtEd DrAmA FaBrIcAtEd DrAmA

FaBrIcAtEd DrAmA FaBrIcAtEd DrAmA FaBrIcAtEd DrAmA FaBrIcAtEd DrAmA FaBrIcAtEd DrAmA FaBrIcAtEd DrAmA

#10 ArGyLe64

ArGyLe64

Argyle Armoring

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,061 posts
  • LocationOKC

Posted 30 May 2013 - 10:26 AM

Street racing is illegal. PERIOD!!! They do it half a mile from my house on Saturday evenings. It makes it extremely difficult to sleep at night hearing those super loud weed eater engines. Sometimes I miss being on patrol and busting those guys.

Peace out!

#11 Hensy

Hensy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 377 posts
  • LocationEdmond ok

Posted 30 May 2013 - 05:38 PM

That farm truck is legit. I saw him run against a buddy of mine in a jeep Cherokee and some bikes in ark city few years back.
If you don't like me? Beat me at a match!

#12 benjamin-benjamin

benjamin-benjamin

snickerpuss

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,905 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 06:11 PM

somewhat of an off topic question, but all these "documentaries" that show people doing illegal things, how is it that the cops don't just arrest them and use the video as evidence?? I have always wondered about that??

#13 DoctorJJ

DoctorJJ

Doc's Gun Store

• Sponsor
  • 913 posts
  • LocationPryor, OK

Posted 30 May 2013 - 06:27 PM

I would have liked to have ran him in my Lightning before I sold it.

#14 The Antichrome

The Antichrome

.50 BMG

• Moderators
  • 1,888 posts
  • LocationFort Smith, AR

Posted 30 May 2013 - 08:31 PM

Thunder valley has went to shit. Your safer on the street.

But other drivers on the street are not.

Recently, a few blocks away from me, a couple of idiots were racing down a side street.

One of them lost control and ran into a house, killing him and his passenger.

The homeowners had just gotten up from their dining table, otherwise they would have been killed also.

I'd be ashamed to know anyone on that show. Condoning this crime is ignorant.

I'll say it again, These criminals should be jailed. They should never have the privilege of owning or driving a vehicle again.

Robert McDaniel

Practiscore SUCKS.

#15 DoctorJJ

DoctorJJ

Doc's Gun Store

• Sponsor
  • 913 posts
  • LocationPryor, OK

Posted 30 May 2013 - 09:00 PM

But other drivers on the street are not.

Recently, a few blocks away from me, a couple of idiots were racing down a side street.
One of them lost control and ran into a house, killing him and his passenger.
The homeowners had just gotten up from their dining table, otherwise they would have been killed also.

I'd be ashamed to know anyone on that show. Condoning this crime is ignorant.

I'll say it again, These criminals should be jailed. They should never have the privilege of owning or driving a vehicle again.

Where exactly is this line drawn? Does the 20-60 punch on an open road between me and my brother to see whose truck is faster count? Am I an idiot criminal that needs my license yanked? Just asking. Not that I'd ever do such a crazy thing.

#16 dennishoddy

dennishoddy

.50 BMG

• Moderators
  • 8,581 posts
  • LocationPonca City, Ok

Posted 30 May 2013 - 09:43 PM

I think it comes from the fact that city streets/roads are not designed for drag racing at high speeds.
They are designed to drain water to the culverts, and eventually into drains by crowning the roads.

Back in the day,when drag racing cars, It was easy to figure out that when you did have a vehicle with massive horse power, and tried to run it on the street vs a track that is flat as a pancake it was incredibly hard to keep it in the lane while street racing. I'm guilty of doing it.

Case in point,  my ex BIL was drag racing a guy on a new stretch of highway. Ripping through the gears, the other guy  lost traction and drifted to the shoulder, catching the lip, and went out of control, loosing his life. My ex BIL pulled him out of the car and had him die in his arms.

He eventually faced charges of negligent homicide. After a long court fight, he was convicted as a felon, but had to serve a long community service sentence, and huge fine. No gun ownership, etc associated with being a felon from that point on.

We all know it won't ever happen to us.

Benjamin, to answer your question, there has actually been arrests made of illegal acts that were filmed and put on TV. It doesn't happen much though.

#17 FreeSpiritBalloon

FreeSpiritBalloon

.22 LR

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationPiedmont, OK

Posted 31 May 2013 - 09:41 AM

Can law abiding citizens buy spike strips?

#18 ChrisC

ChrisC

Revolver Division

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,224 posts
  • Locationmcalester, ok

Posted 31 May 2013 - 02:01 PM

Lots of documented accidents that ended on fatalities with street racing..... If the police can use a YouTube video to make an arrest (remember the vette on the turnpike in Edmond) they can use this show to do the same.
round gun kinda guy.....
CLEET Firearms Instructor
http://www.youtube.c...04?feature=mhee

#19 kdf9511

kdf9511

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 347 posts
  • LocationWeatherford OK

Posted 31 May 2013 - 02:59 PM

Not to be saying that this is a smart thing to do, but how many of you guys in your young and dumb days have raced out on the street.   In the town I grew up in there was a nice flat straight stretch of county road that was marked off in a 1/4mi segment with spray paint where the high school kids would run thier cars.  Not that I ever did that.  That just wouldn't be right.....Muhahahahahahaha

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Benjamin Franklin 1775

#20 TacticalK9

TacticalK9

.50 BMG

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,702 posts
  • LocationEnid, ok

Posted 31 May 2013 - 04:29 PM

Not to be saying that this is a smart thing to do, but how many of you guys in your young and dumb days have raced out on the street.   In the town I grew up in there was a nice flat straight stretch of county road that was marked off in a 1/4mi segment with spray paint where the high school kids would run thier cars.  Not that I ever did that.  That just wouldn't be right.....Muhahahahahahaha

Its all fun and games till someone goes through a windshield.

Thats the point

Aim small. Miss small.

LIFE OUTSIDE OF 3-GUN IS JUST PRACTICE.

YOUTUBE CHANNEL

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users