Photo

Your First Match

• Please log in to reply
167 replies to this topic

Poll: Did you shoot your first match due to Boomer Shooter? (193 member(s) have cast votes)

Did you shoot your first match due to Boomer Shooter?

1. Yes (45 votes [23.32%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 23.32%

2. I have been shooting matches less than 1 year (45 votes [23.32%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 23.32%

3. I have been shooting matches 1-2 years (31 votes [16.06%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 16.06%

4. I have been shooting matches 3-5 years (18 votes [9.33%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 9.33%

5. I have been shooting matches 6-10 years (10 votes [5.18%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 5.18%

6. I have been shooting matches 11+ years (13 votes [6.74%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 6.74%

7. I have never shot a match but plan to do so soon because of Boomer Shooter. (31 votes [16.06%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 16.06%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 Jesse Tischauser

Jesse Tischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass

• Administrators
  • 23,506 posts
  • LocationGuthrie, OK

Posted 19 March 2011 - 06:23 AM

Any new shooters from the site lately?

#42 Corley Zimmerman

Corley Zimmerman

9 mm

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 347 posts
  • LocationBroken Arrow

Posted 22 March 2011 - 07:54 PM

I can give BS the satisfaction of getting me out to my first multi-gun match but had to vote 11+ from previous comps in other disciplines

Edit: when my Nordic gets here and I get a lower together I will be glad to let the youngsters have a crack at it.

#43 Dutch

Dutch

9 mm

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 304 posts
  • LocationMidwest City

Posted 22 March 2011 - 07:59 PM

This damn BS site was the catalyst for shooting my first SC event. :098:

#44 Justin

Justin

No, I didn't get arrested

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 836 posts
  • LocationLittle Axe

Posted 22 March 2011 - 08:35 PM

I shot my first match because of yall guys. I had alot of fun, and it was nice to get to meet alot of the BoomerShooter guys. But because of yall, I have already bought another gun that I wouldn't have normally, and I am saving to get another.

#45 J.P. Morgan

J.P. Morgan

Founding Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,824 posts
  • LocationNoble, OK

Posted 22 March 2011 - 08:50 PM

I purchased my first handgun in hopes of training to compete. Chambers told me about BS. I went to my first match and actually competed because of Jesse. I learned a heck of a lot at the match. It's really a great way to see how your equipment handles high stress environment and how you handle it. My main focus has always been safety, so I was glad to see how controlled these events are. Now my nerves are gone, I have not made any adjustments to my handgun and am ready for another round. I just need to know when and where!

I know that I will do much better, especially knowing what to expect and how to perform.
USPSA - Production Minor

#46 Justin

Justin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 836 posts
  • LocationLittle Axe

Posted 22 March 2011 - 08:56 PM

I purchased my first handgun in hopes of training to compete. Chambers told me about BS. I went to my first match and actually competed because of Jesse. I learned a heck of a lot at the match. It's really a great way to see how your equipment handles high stress environment and how you handle it. My main focus has always been safety, so I was glad to see how controlled these events are. Now my nerves are gone, I have not made any adjustments to my handgun and am ready for another round. I just need to know when and where!

I know that I will do much better, especially knowing what to expect and how to perform.

It looks like there is a action pistol match in Shawnee this Sunday. I am gonna find out what it is all about and go out and shoot it. You ought to come out

#47 J.P. Morgan

J.P. Morgan

Founding Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,824 posts
  • LocationNoble, OK

Posted 22 March 2011 - 08:58 PM

let me know! If I can make it, I'll be sure to show up.
USPSA - Production Minor

#48 Jesse Tischauser

Jesse Tischauser

• Administrators
  • 23,506 posts
  • LocationGuthrie, OK

Posted 02 April 2011 - 01:18 PM

Who else shot their first match this weekend?

#49 J.P. Morgan

J.P. Morgan

Founding Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,824 posts
  • LocationNoble, OK

Posted 02 April 2011 - 07:08 PM

I shot my first big match today - It was awesome, Clasics, Metros, Steel, Poppers, classifiers and a Texas star - OMG
USPSA - Production Minor

#50 Jeff Speligene

Jeff Speligene

9 mm

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 276 posts
  • Locationedmond, ok

Posted 04 April 2011 - 07:47 PM

Who else shot their first match this weekend?

I got started by BS. Found out about it when I went to watch the Feb match at Heartland. Went to Davids handgun class...very helpful. Shot my first match 3/6 at HL. Finished like 27th out of 48. Shot my second match last night & just tried not to have any penalties....big improvement. Had a blast. I appreciate the way you post the results, including the .xls file. I'm going to use it to track my performance as I shoot more matches.
Thanks to all who've offered encouragement.
Jeff
Often wrong...seldom in doubt

#51 benjamin-benjamin

benjamin-benjamin

snickerpuss

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,905 posts

Posted 04 April 2011 - 07:59 PM

I got started by BS. Found out about it when I went to watch the Feb match at Heartland. Went to Davids handgun class...very helpful. Shot my first match 3/6 at HL. Finished like 27th out of 48. Shot my second match last night & just tried not to have any penalties....big improvement. Had a blast. I appreciate the way you post the results, including the .xls file. I'm going to use it to track my performance as I shoot more matches.
Thanks to all who've offered encouragement.
Jeff

which jeff are you??

#52 Jeff Speligene

Jeff Speligene

9 mm

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 276 posts
  • Locationedmond, ok

Posted 04 April 2011 - 08:17 PM

which jeff are you??

I took davids class with you...shoot an XDM 9. Kinda look like Barney Fife.
Often wrong...seldom in doubt

#53 benjamin-benjamin

benjamin-benjamin

snickerpuss

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,905 posts

Posted 04 April 2011 - 09:08 PM

ahhh cool

#54 Justin

Justin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 836 posts
  • LocationLittle Axe

Posted 04 April 2011 - 09:20 PM

Kinda look like Barney Fife.

lol. Now thats what it needs to say under your name on here.

#55 Thumper

Thumper

9 mm

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 302 posts
  • LocationNW OKC

Posted 30 April 2011 - 07:22 AM

I've been Hunting and shooting for years but have never shot competitely. I attended David E's handgun class on Easter Sunday and had a great time... Learned a lot...and met some good people. They all suggested this site and the rest is history. It seems like a great community of people. I'm planning to shoot the HL match this Sunday. It will be my first match.

-Paul

#56 Jesse Tischauser

Jesse Tischauser

• Administrators
  • 23,506 posts
  • LocationGuthrie, OK

Posted 30 April 2011 - 09:12 AM

Awesome!!! I look forward to seeing you Sunday Paul. Just remember your first several matches are a competition with yourself. Don't get hung up on what everybody else is doing. It takes at least 3-4 to get comfortable with the proceedures and figure out the scoring.

#57 Steve McGinley

Steve McGinley

Consistently Inconsistent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,732 posts
  • LocationYukon, OK

Posted 19 May 2011 - 07:17 PM

Changed my vote from "plan to" to "Yes" shot my first matches ever due to the good folks here at BooomerShooter. Been to two Heartland matches and have had a great time, and will continue to do so.

Steve
NRA Life Member

Leave Feedback Here: My Feedback

#58 dennishoddy

dennishoddy

• Moderators
  • 11,006 posts
  • LocationPonca City, Ok

Posted 19 May 2011 - 08:03 PM

I guess I've been shooting competitvely for many years, as its always a competition to get the first shot off on a quail flush ;)

The first official IPSC match was about 2 years ago. Started shooting it, as it was a good way to get in lots of shooting, as well as learning how to run the gun under pressure.
Getting some re-training from the military days on reloads, clearing jams, etc was first in my priority.
I will say this, shooting this disclipine goes way beyond what the military teaches you. WAY BEYOND.
After active duty, I spent 8 years in the reserves as a Drill Sgt. Learned a lot about field stripping the 1911 on a table, and taught the same to those I trained. Actual training at the range, with the 1911 was rudimentary. Point and pull the trigger. Round count was considered training.
I hated the 1911 when I was in. They were all worn out, and inaccurate.
Years later, took the plunge and got back into it. I love that platform now. :D

Since, I've bought guns/optics just to compete.
I'm probably not as much into it as some, but its what I look forward to on weekends. :D

#59 okie-carbine

okie-carbine

.40 S&W

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 646 posts
  • LocationAltus, OK

Posted 24 May 2011 - 08:02 PM

i plan to start shooting matches. i would have shot this past weekend if the match wasnt cancelled. cant really say its 'because' of this website. just something i want to do.
Feedback

USPSA #A73165
SCSA #3194

#60 Feegee Matlock

Feegee Matlock

The Magic Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,625 posts
  • LocationOklahoma city

Posted 24 May 2011 - 09:44 PM

When I first started shooting (not to long ago ) I thaught everyone was going to be stuck up like at outdoor America but I was wrong everyone was helpful and jesse really helped me at a h&h match and was cool about it and very nice so thank you Jesse, and I am sure I will bug you a lot more in the future, and I wish you could help me with putting pics on BS I am also computer stupid.

Feegee Matlock

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users