• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#41 dennishoddy

dennishoddy

• Moderators
  • 11,050 posts
  • LocationPonca City, Ok

Posted 01 July 2018 - 09:47 PM

So were folks actually shooting their CC firearms? 7-10 round mags, small guns for concealment?

#42 Scott Cude

Scott Cude

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts
  • LocationEdmond, Ok

Posted 01 July 2018 - 10:07 PM

So were folks actually shooting their CC firearms? 7-10 round mags, small guns for concealment?

For the most part, I saw folks shooting what they carry. For several of us that is a G19 so 7-10 rds only if we forgot to reload our mags.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#43 Feegee Matlock

Feegee Matlock

The Magic Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,642 posts
  • LocationOklahoma city

Posted 01 July 2018 - 10:15 PM

Here are the overall results until PS gets the other squad uploaded. Thanks Anthony for getting a match like this going.

eb7ebad700a8600f22ae7c95bf4c8dad.jpg

I will get it fixed. If it wasn’t for Kelly, and Tony helping me I would of never figured it out. Been a long time since I had done it. Thanks for you hard work putting on the match. I hope it catches on. We need more people wanting to pitch in, and helping like this match you put on. If we don’t have interest in running matches, and take a load off of the people that do it all the time they will get burned out. I appreciate you guys doing what you did.
P.S. Burk is a puss for not showing up!

Feegee Matlock

#44 KellyB

KellyB

9 mm

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 219 posts
  • LocationOklahoma City

Posted 01 July 2018 - 10:50 PM

I shot my 100% stock 1911, iron sights not Dawson fiber, 9 round mags drawing & reloading from concealment. Whew! It’s been a very long time to run that gun concealed. It was a good reminder to practice with what you carry in a way more than just plinking.
Did horrible but it was fun.

#45 KellyB

KellyB

9 mm

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 219 posts
  • LocationOklahoma City

Posted 01 July 2018 - 10:51 PM

Here are the overall results until PS gets the other squad uploaded. Thanks Anthony for getting a match like this going.

eb7ebad700a8600f22ae7c95bf4c8dad.jpg

I was an LC also.

#46 Jeff T

Jeff T

.40 S&W

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 888 posts
  • LocationPiedmont, OK

Posted 02 July 2018 - 05:58 AM

Several of us had to unload self defense ammo before the match and reload self defense ammo after the match. Everyone shot from concealment, everyone on our squad anyway.

Live Simply, Love Generously, Care Deeply, Speak Kindly, Shoot Well, Leave the rest to God.

Live Simply, Love Generously, Care Deeply, Speak Kindly, Shoot Well, Leave the Rest to God.

Jeff Turner

#47 english kanigit

english kanigit

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts
  • LocationOklahoma - At the Bubonic Bed and Breakfast looking under the mattress for dead hookers...

Posted 02 July 2018 - 08:15 AM

Anthony,
Thanks for taking time to put on the match! I look forward to seeing what this grows into.

It would be cool to see some stages forcing serious target discrimination or really making sure your background is clear before engaging. Also, high percentage shots at intermediate distances are good things to think about.

I ran a Walther PPS from appendix. With only three magazines I think I had a stage with one single round left after dropping no shots... no pressure.

It was good to see and shoot with ya bunch of local yokels again!

Nate

Personally, I'm interested in keeping other people from building Utopia, because the more you believe you can create heaven on earth the more likely you are to set up guillotines in the public square to hasten the process. -- James Lileks

#48 Sunshine Shooter

Sunshine Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
  • LocationNW OKC

Posted 06 July 2018 - 09:44 AM

Cannot believe I missed this.  By the looks of the participation, I assume there will be another one at the beginning of Aug.?

"...an inelegant weapon for a less civilized time..."

progunmillennial.wordpress.com

#49 Tony G

Tony G

9 mm

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 265 posts
  • LocationYukon, Oklahoma

Posted 07 July 2018 - 07:00 PM

Yes Aug 5th

#50 Burk Cornelius

Burk Cornelius

Regular guy

• Administrators
  • 13,000 posts
  • LocationEdmond/OKC

Posted 09 July 2018 - 09:22 PM

Yes Aug 5th

Let's start a new thread for that match announcement

Posted via my Samsung S8 using Tapatalk

I once had an awkward moment, just to see how it felt.

twitterlogotiny.jpgBoomerShooter Twitter
facebook_logo2.pngBoomerShooter Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users