Photo

2013 Nordic Components G3G Practical Shotgun Challenge July 6-7 at WSRC !

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#61 JTMaddox

JTMaddox

• Sponsor
  • 255 posts
  • LocationSt. Louis, MO

Posted 08 July 2013 - 07:40 AM

THANK YOU to everyone who came out to shoot the First Annual Noric Components Practical Shotgun Challenge! We greatly appreciate your support of Gateway 3-Gun as we try to establish this match as the premier test of overall shotgun skill.

Nordic Components and all of our sponsors showed an unbeleivable amount of support and generosity for this match and we would like to once again thank them for everything they do to help support the shooting community.

We learned a TON our first year and will be having discussions with many of you that have shown interest and offered suggestions on how we can make this event even better next year. There were a few challenges and "learning experiences" along the way and some things that will be improved upon and done diferently in the future. Little things like perhaps a few more port-a-johns, having food brought out to the range instead of just at the restaurant, and a better map to a couple of the stages. And a few bigger issues that we have to address, like how heavily the clay target games ended up being weighted, and using static RO's to improve consitancy.

We greatly appreciate everyones patience and support while we learned all these first-year-match lessons. I encourage you to email or message me with any suggestions and comments that you may have.

We are very pleased that the general consensus seems to be that most people enjoyed the match and had a good time, but we want to make this match even better for you guys next year!

#62 Jesse Tischauser

Jesse Tischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass

• Administrators
  • 18,843 posts
  • LocationGuthrie, OK

Posted 08 July 2013 - 09:22 AM

The main thing is the stages were fun. Except the ones I sent you guys. Everyone on our squad was like WTF is this everytime we shot one of those. I was too actually! Lol.

So I'm thinking 3 days and 24 stages next year?

#63 JTMaddox

JTMaddox

• Sponsor
  • 255 posts
  • LocationSt. Louis, MO

Posted 08 July 2013 - 10:34 AM

The main thing is the stages were fun. Except the ones I sent you guys. Everyone on our squad was like WTF is this everytime we shot one of those. I was too actually! Lol.
So I'm thinking 3 days and 24 stages next year?

Jesse I thought the couple of stage concepts you sent us were cool and different and I heard several people comment that they liked them. Thank you again for coming out and for all your help!

#64 JeffH

JeffH

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 224 posts
  • LocationMurfreesboro Tenessee

Posted 08 July 2013 - 12:17 PM

I just got back to Tennessee from this match. All of the stages were fun to shoot. It tested all parts of shot gunning from running and gunning to clays. The scoring of the clays, I think it's good and should be left alone. The best of the shot gunners stepped up and performed and if your weak at clays then practice. As for me I need to work on the run and gun, a lot. I will be back next year to shoot again.  Again Great Job 

#65 Jesse Tischauser

Jesse Tischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass

• Administrators
  • 18,843 posts
  • LocationGuthrie, OK

Posted 08 July 2013 - 01:13 PM

It was good to finally meet you Jeff.

#66 JeffH

JeffH

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 224 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 02:58 PM

You to Jesse, and congrats on the win. It was a great time.

#67 JeffH

JeffH

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 224 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 02:29 PM

Does anyone know about the t shirts we payed for?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users