DonC

grumpy old fat man

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 325 posts
  • LocationBixby, Ok

Posted 21 December 2012 - 04:04 PM

Mark Your Calendars: 2013 and 2014 IDPA Nationals

I can however share with you one major announcement, the dates and location for the 2013 and 2014 Nationals have been set. We are very happy to announce that the IDPA National Championship will be returning to Tulsa, Oklahoma and the ranges of the United States Shooting Academy. The match dates for the 2013 National Championship will be September 19 - 21, while the dates for the 2014 National Championship will be September 17 - 20. USSA is a tremendous shooting facility and we are very excited to be returning to Tulsa to showcase IDPA's top shooters. Mark your calendars now for the 2013 IDPA Nationals and look for complete match registration details early next year.

We hope that you are excited about the upcoming year as we are. We think that 2013 will be our biggest year yet and we hope that you are ready for a fantastic shooting season. Once again, thank you all for a tremendous year and Best Wishes to you and your families. Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. — at US Shooting Academy.

IDPA A14241......CDP, SSP, ESP Expert, SSR SS
USPSA A49175.....LTD & L10 B class, Open & Production C class

Each morning when I open my eyes I say to myself: I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. - Groucho Marx

#2 Ryan Alexander

Ryan Alexander

.50 BMG

• Moderators
  • 1,718 posts
  • LocationClaremore

Posted 21 December 2012 - 04:59 PM

I think Oklahoma needs another sanctioned match so people don't have to leave Oklahoma to get the 2 required sanctioned matches to shoot the nationals.

#3 Jesse Tischauser

Jesse Tischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass

• Administrators
  • 20,397 posts
  • LocationGuthrie, OK

Posted 21 December 2012 - 06:49 PM

What is this BS about sanctioned matches? I was already looking for my IDPA number in my tackle box!

Don that font is perty but its hard to read.

#4 dr poopgiggle

dr poopgiggle

C Class Nobody

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,592 posts
  • LocationTulsa, OK

Posted 21 December 2012 - 06:59 PM

With all these awesome matches coming to Tulsa I need to get certified as a RO so I can try to shoot them for free.

Don that font is perty but its hard to read.

Don's a http://www.comicsanscriminal.com/
My Feedback

PM for IT consulting and computer repair. I specialize in data recovery and security audits.

#5 DonC

DonC

grumpy old fat man

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 325 posts
  • LocationBixby, Ok

Posted 21 December 2012 - 08:44 PM

Sorry about the font Jesse.... Ryan; we also have "the Badlands" which qualifies and there are at least 2 major in Arkansas and 3 or 4 in Texas...not hard to meet the requirements.

Each morning when I open my eyes I say to myself: I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. - Groucho Marx

#6 DonC

DonC

grumpy old fat man

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 325 posts
  • LocationBixby, Ok

Posted 21 December 2012 - 10:27 PM

Locals always get the first option to help... i do not know who the MD or AMD are yet but i wil;l post when i know.

#7 dr poopgiggle

dr poopgiggle

C Class Nobody

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,592 posts
  • LocationTulsa, OK

Posted 22 December 2012 - 02:23 AM

I really want to emphasize that my post was a gag.

Font & typeface geekery is a thing in "computer science student" circles but I really don't get mad at the general populace for using Comic Sans.

But if you use Papyrus go fuck yourself.
My Feedback

PM for IT consulting and computer repair. I specialize in data recovery and security audits.

#8 Jesse Tischauser

Jesse Tischauser

• Administrators
  • 20,397 posts
  • LocationGuthrie, OK

Posted 22 December 2012 - 09:23 AM

How come IDPA feels its necessary to force you to shoot more IDPA if you want to play ball at nationals? Was there too many PPC guys sandbagging at Nats winning all the trophies or something. It's kinda pissing me off to tell you the truth.

#9 Ryan Alexander

Ryan Alexander

.50 BMG

• Moderators
  • 1,718 posts
  • LocationClaremore

Posted 22 December 2012 - 09:43 AM

Its kinda the same as uspsa except you don't need a slot just have to shoot 2 sanctioned matches.

#10 DonC

DonC

grumpy old fat man

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 325 posts
  • LocationBixby, Ok

Posted 22 December 2012 - 10:01 AM

so... the real problem here is that it got to the point hat IDPA had more than 400 people sending in ap's for the nationals. With that number of applicants it would not be feasible to allow everyone to shoot in a reasonable amount of time. Therefore a point system was devised over the "1st in ap" system. The thought is that those that shoot and support IDPA should have a better chance to shoot their "Supper bowl" over someone who gets luck and gets their ap in quicker.

#11 Jesse Tischauser

Jesse Tischauser

• Administrators
  • 20,397 posts
  • LocationGuthrie, OK

Posted 22 December 2012 - 10:59 AM

I can appreciate that for sure. How does the point system work?

#12 Jesse Tischauser

Jesse Tischauser

• Administrators
  • 20,397 posts
  • LocationGuthrie, OK

Posted 22 December 2012 - 11:01 AM

Its kinda the same as uspsa except you don't need a slot just have to shoot 2 sanctioned matches.

Sorry I saw don's last post before yours.

So if I shoot two matches I'm a lock to get into nationals?

#13 okorpheus

okorpheus

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 189 posts
  • LocationNortheast, OK

Posted 22 December 2012 - 06:31 PM

Here's the info from last year, not sure if it will change or not

-------------
Limited to 290 entries based on accumulated points. All applicants must be current IDPA members with a classification of Marksman or higher.

Match Directors for Sanctioned Matches will receive 1 point per Sanctioned Match.

Club Contacts will receive 1 point per club.

Competitors at any National Championship receive 3 points.

Competitors at any sanctioned match with 250 competitors or more receive 2 points.

Competitors at any sanctioned match with 249 or less competitors receive 1 point.

Points will only accumulate for matches attended between May 31, 2011 and May 31, 2012.
-------------

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

#14 DonC

DonC

grumpy old fat man

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 325 posts
  • LocationBixby, Ok

Posted 25 December 2012 - 02:01 PM

all of the above points as i understand it is still correct for this year. a guaranteed way to shoot the match is to work the match. The only issue with that is at thios point we do not know who the MD and AMD are and they have the final say so on crew.

#15 okorpheus

okorpheus

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 189 posts
  • LocationNortheast, OK

Posted 25 December 2012 - 07:47 PM

Hope SO classes start soon. I'd love to get enough exp to try and work in 2014

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

#16 DonC

DonC

grumpy old fat man

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 325 posts
  • LocationBixby, Ok

Posted 26 December 2012 - 08:15 AM

I sent an email to Robert at IDPA to see if i could get any details. I doubt that i will get an answer but there is always hope.

#17 DonC

DonC

grumpy old fat man

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 325 posts
  • LocationBixby, Ok

Posted 07 January 2013 - 12:57 PM

I spoke with Robert at IDPA the other day and at this point he cannot say who the MD or AMD is at this point but i let him know that i would do anything they needed locally to help out. This may allow me to get more info sooner rather than later....... lets hope.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users