Josh Cobb's Content

There have been 15 items by Josh Cobb (Search limited from 18-November 17)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#255612 Who can install gas pedal?

Posted by Josh Cobb on 09 September 2018 - 04:09 PM in General Gunsmithing Discussion

Do you know if they do slide milling too?

They can do it all and they do really good work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#255539 Selling my backup gun (EAA Stock II)

Posted by Josh Cobb on 24 August 2018 - 07:42 PM in Firearm Classifieds

Sold

#255501 Selling my backup gun (EAA Stock II)

Posted by Josh Cobb on 19 August 2018 - 05:26 PM in Firearm Classifieds

8efae1785520b5d5a41c070896a1d26c.png

#255500 Selling my backup gun (EAA Stock II)

Posted by Josh Cobb on 19 August 2018 - 05:08 PM in Firearm Classifieds

Hey folks,

I’m selling my backup gun. If you were wondering - yes this is the gun that was in the trunk of my car during the last two sectionals where I won the OK state title in production! It’s kinda like a player getting a super bowl ring even if they didn’t play, but the team won... right?

It’s an EAA Stock II with trigger work done by Jim Bodkin. It has a better trigger than my match gun, but I can’t get used to the new frames on the Stock II.

Comes with 5x Mags, belt, 4x mag pouches, holster, boss hanger, scales grips, Dawson front sight and extra parts.

If you know me, you probably know better than to ask me questions about parts. The trigger work was $350 and included a bunch of henning and xtreme parts.

For an Okie shooter, I’ll sell it for $1000 plus my shipping and FFL costs. I’d like to see someone in the state get some use out of it. If it’s a junior or lady shooter, I’d let it go for $1000 plus my shipping and FFL costs.

PM me with any questions. Or shoot me a note on FB messenger (just to piss off Burk).

34fa8dda460be1b02585702999648893.png6958ef036ba7cfd9fd4af9ab8cd606c2.png

#255249 COMPLETE reloading setup (dillon 650)

Posted by Josh Cobb on 04 July 2018 - 06:58 AM in Firearm Parts, Gear, & Ammo

This is a steal!

#255161 State Question 788 | FFL transfer

Posted by Josh Cobb on 25 June 2018 - 05:04 PM in 2nd Amendment News & Politics

In fairness, it’s the most Oklahoma thing ever to legalize pot and still have 3.2 beer.

#254418 30 round .223/5.56 Magazines

Posted by Josh Cobb on 15 April 2018 - 09:45 PM in General Firearm Discussion

I can't help but agree, Dennis. I was listening to Glen Beck's program the other day when a man called in to tell him that his son is being deployed soon and the rifle he's been issued won't hit the side of a barn. The son grew up shooting and hunting with a lot of different firearms and the father claimed he was an excellent shot, so he believed him. The man pleaded with Glen to try and generate some interest in the problem from his platform. Sad that we send our boys into harms way ill prepared, when the general public thinks otherwise.

This sounds like BS. Everybody thinks they’re great at shooting, but very few soldiers can qualify expert on demand. I’m not sure about the reserve component Soldier, but on active duty, weapons should be gauged annually to ensure they are within specs.

Reliability with aluminum magazines is another story. They typically aren’t bad if they’re new, but they were never designed to be abused for years. SAWs are notoriously unreliable while using the 30rd detachable magazines as they are designed to be belt fed weapons.

Buy magpul magazines and call it a day.

#254386 Any Sporting Clays People here?

Posted by Josh Cobb on 09 April 2018 - 10:42 AM in Clay Shooting

I live 3 minutes from a trap & skeet range. Hadn’t shot it before I got to Fort Leavenworth, but it’s a blast.

It’s also nice that I can shoot a few rounds after work and it doesn’t take all day like USPSA.

#254278 OSU Practical Shooting Team Placed 4th at SASP Nationals

Posted by Josh Cobb on 14 March 2018 - 04:40 PM in Virtual Trophy Room

That’s pretty neat. Congrats!

#254274 1911 Gunsmith recommendation

Posted by Josh Cobb on 13 March 2018 - 06:50 PM in General Gunsmithing Discussion

Keith at Firearm Solutions in Duncan did my gun, trigger is fantastic.

http://www.firearmss...contact-us.html

I second this ^^

#253710 Redding competition dies for pistols

Posted by Josh Cobb on 31 December 2017 - 07:26 AM in Reloading Questions

I run their competition seating dies. The micrometer is great when making changes to the overall length of the loaded round. If you swap bullet types often or juggle OAL for different guns, that by itself is worth it. I think the sliding bullet seating chamber is worth just as much as the micrometer. It “takes control” of bullet quicker in the stroke and guides it smoother to its destination.

I liked mine enough I bought a second to setup on an additional machine. Now I have 4 or 5 of them. I’ve only bought the single die instead of the sets on the additional purchases.

Forster makes a similar die, but I’ve only owned them in rifle calibers. I’m not sure is they make it in pistol calibers.

I second this. These are the best dies on the market!

#253651 Idiotic Guns

Posted by Josh Cobb on 27 December 2017 - 08:20 PM in Off-Topic Discussion

Can we just blanket add anything from Smith & Wesson, Remington, Kimber or HK?

#252773 OKCGC | USPSA Match | 10.7.17

Posted by Josh Cobb on 09 October 2017 - 11:56 AM in Oklahoma

Who cares? It was a fun squad and you shot really well. For what it’s worth, I’d be willing to bet you were sub-20.

The sectional should be fun as we find out who gets to be first runner up :-).

#252743 OKCGC | USPSA Match | 10.7.17

Posted by Josh Cobb on 08 October 2017 - 10:41 AM in Oklahoma

Just for the record, I'm pretty sure my time on stage 2 is jacked.  I shot it fast, but not that fast.  I don't think the timer picked up any shots at the last shooting position.  

I'm just glad that nobody had the honesty to bring this up on the range. It's not like it made a difference with who won the division or anything...

Just kidding. I told him that I'd have to talk trash online after the match...

#252435 Rain Gear

Posted by Josh Cobb on 14 September 2017 - 09:36 PM in Hunting & Fishing Chatter

I got a Drake 3 in 1 jacket last year that was toasty even down to the 20s. A little more pricey at first, but well worth it.