Any indoor matches near OKC any more?

shawmcbigdis

New Member
Since H&H stopped there monthly match are there any more indoor matches in the OKC area?

I'm not very good, and frankly don't care, but it was just fun to do something besides stand at a lane and shoot at a target. H&H was perfect because I didn't have to get up early, and never had to worry about the weather. For a beginner that's not trying to be a top shooter this was perfect.

All I know of around now is the OKCGC, and even that is a bit of a drive and early in the morning. Is that all there is in the OKC area?

Thanks
 

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
shawmcbigdis said:
Since H&H stopped there monthly match are there any more indoor matches in the OKC area?

I'm not very good, and frankly don't care, but it was just fun to do something besides stand at a lane and shoot at a target. H&H was perfect because I didn't have to get up early, and never had to worry about the weather. For a beginner that's not trying to be a top shooter this was perfect.

All I know of around now is the OKCGC, and even that is a bit of a drive and early in the morning. Is that all there is in the OKC area?

Thanks
There are no other indoor uspsa matches. You might want to look into gssf at big boys in mustang.
 

DEK

New Member
Wilshire gun range is putting on a 5 month CCW match starting I believe Feb 28 at 5:30 or 6 and they will do one a month for the next 5 months and at the end they will add up your best 4 scores and present prizes for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd cost is $25 a match you can call them for further details
 

shawmcbigdis

New Member
Wall said:
There are no other indoor uspsa matches. You might want to look into gssf at big boys in mustang.
Huh I was just at Big Boys yesterday and didn't' see anything, but I didn't ask either. I'll have to go ask about that. Thanks.
 

shawmcbigdis

New Member
DEK said:
Wilshire gun range is putting on a 5 month CCW match starting I believe Feb 28 at 5:30 or 6 and they will do one a month for the next 5 months and at the end they will add up your best 4 scores and present prizes for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd cost is $25 a match you can call them for further details
That sounds interesting. I assume then it is more like IDPA, drawing from concealed and the whole thing. I've never done that type of match, that sounds like fun. Thanks for the info.
 

Professor

Active Member
shawmcbigdis said:
Huh I was just at Big Boys yesterday and didn't' see anything, but I didn't ask either. I'll have to go ask about that. Thanks.
Yes, both Big Boys and BDC are shooting GSSF indoor league matches.

March 17th is the next match at Big Boys. Saturday mornings. BDC usually has a schedule or flyer near the classroom door and in the foyer.
March 18th for BDC. Sunday afternoon.
 

Rockon71385

Founding Member
Just my .02, but if you've enjoyed shooting USPSA you may well be bored out of your mind with GSSF. It's worth giving it a try, but the rules aren't very friendly to people who have glocks that are setup for USPSA. You get bumped to open division for having ANY non-factory part on your gun other than the sights.

The OKCGC match starts at 10AM. If you try GSSF and don't like it, you just gotta get to bed a little ealier on the first friday of the month.
 

Professor

Active Member
Robbie said:
Just my .02, but if you've enjoyed shooting USPSA you may well be bored out of your mind with GSSF. It's worth giving it a try, but the rules aren't very friendly to people who have glocks that are setup for USPSA. You get bumped to open division for having ANY non-factory part on your gun other than the sights.

The OKCGC match starts at 10AM. If you try GSSF and don't like it, you just gotta get to bed a little ealier on the first friday of the month.
I agree someone might be bored with GSSF, but it is challenging in its own way. But getting bumped to open (unlimited actually) for mods is no big deal. I usually finished in the top 5, have won several matches, and a couple of series shooting a stock G34 in unlimited. Just shot both classes with the same gun. I've since upgraded to a G34 MOS in unlimited which I won at one of the series. I now use it with an RMR. The matches are bit more expensive, but it is an alternative.
 

shawmcbigdis

New Member
Rick Howell said:
I agree someone might be bored with GSSF, but it is challenging in its own way. But getting bumped to open (unlimited actually) for mods is no big deal. I usually finished in the top 5, have won several matches, and a couple of series shooting a stock G34 in unlimited. Just shot both classes with the same gun. I've since upgraded to a G34 MOS in unlimited which I won at one of the series. I now use it with an RMR. The matches are bit more expensive, but it is an alternative.
Stupid question, but are GSSF matches Glock only? It would seem so, and the name would sure imply it. Me not owning a Glock, or having any interest in owning one makes that a no go.
 

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
shawmcbigdis said:
Stupid question, but are GSSF matches Glock only? It would seem so, and the name would sure imply it. Me not owning a Glock, or having any interest in owning one makes that a no go.
Yes, Glock only
 

LuckyDucky

Well-Known Member
shawmcbigdis said:
Stupid question, but are GSSF matches Glock only? It would seem so, and the name would sure imply it. Me not owning a Glock, or having any interest in owning one makes that a no go.
Yep, they even updated the rules this year to specify that ALL aftermarket frames are banned for unlimited. So "Glock" means glock frame. Almost everything else can be changed.
 

shawmcbigdis

New Member
Robbie said:
Just my .02, but if you've enjoyed shooting USPSA you may well be bored out of your mind with GSSF. It's worth giving it a try, but the rules aren't very friendly to people who have glocks that are setup for USPSA. You get bumped to open division for having ANY non-factory part on your gun other than the sights.

The OKCGC match starts at 10AM. If you try GSSF and don't like it, you just gotta get to bed a little ealier on the first friday of the month.
When I finally get off my butt and start going to matches again, this looks like it will be what I do. It's just the H&H match spoiled me. Since I'm not really competing, just shooting for fun, it was great not having any care about the weather or having to drive a long way, so H&H was perfect. OKCGC isn't super far away, and 10AM start times aren't bad even with the extra drive time. I really should check out the 3Gun match out there. I've only done 3Gun once, and it was like 5 years ago, that might be fun to do again.
 
Top