Any reason to SBR and Suppress a 6.8 SPC

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
Staff member
I plan to build a 6.8 SPC this year. Not sure what I'll do with it. Hunting deer at some point in the future would be my guess.

Any reason other then looking cool to run a short barrel or suppressor?
 

Wildcat

Active Member
AR15Performance makes a nice 12.5" melonite 6.8 barrel. I like the combo with my specwar.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
Staff member
mike cyrwus said:
do you need another reason??
Actually no. Just wondering if there is a reason not to. I already have two .7.62 cans waiting for a rifle. Soooo
 

Wildcat

Active Member
Only reason not to would be the loss of velocity and bit faster bullet drop. Other than that no reason!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 

Wildcat

Active Member
I will mention that if one of your cans is an omega they do not warranty under 16" for the 6.8 because they used SS baffles past the blast baffle.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
Staff member
Matt Washburn said:
I will mention that if one of your cans is an omega they do not warranty under 16" for the 6.8 because they used SS baffles past the blast baffle.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I don't own an Omega, yet. That's on the list for 2016.
 

LuckyDucky

New Member
Jesse Tischauser said:
I plan to build a 6.8 SPC this year. Not sure what I'll do with it. Hunting deer at some point in the future would be my guess.

Any reason other then looking cool to run a short barrel or suppressor?
WHAT?
 

Wormydog1724

ATAS Ninja
We use 6.8 for coyote hunting and it has been awesome. We use 16" barrels. Short enough to be handy, but long enough to have good ballistics still. There's give or take with anything. I used to use an AAC SDN6 (my brother still does) but I got tired of the weight and built an all titanium Form 1 can. its only 6" so it's a louder than the SDN6, but it weighs almost half as much, like 12oz. We walk our asses off when hunting so having a lightweight gun is great. Just killed my 7th coyote this year since rebuilding it with a 16" Wilson Combat Lightweight barrel. 1/2" groups at 100y with factory ammo? Yes please!
 

technetium-99m

Mighty Righty
Jeremy,

Must have pics of your form 1 can!

My omega weighs around 17 oz. with the mount. A 12 oz. suppressor that was hearing tolerable would be nice.
 

Wormydog1724

ATAS Ninja
technetium-99m said:
Jeremy,

Must have pics of your form 1 can!

My omega weighs around 17 oz. with the mount. A 12 oz. suppressor that was hearing tolerable would be nice.
Hearing tolerable it is, but just barely imo.



After hole drilling, engraving and paint.

 

King_Mud

New Member
The 6.8 does great out of a 12.5" barrel. SSA used to make a 85 TSX Combat load that was hitting about 2,900 FPS from a 12.5. The short barrel just makes it easier to use a can which is worth it. Hearing damage is forever.

FWIW I was a big 6.8 fan but I think the Grendel is going to be the 6.X of choice.
 
Top