I ended up buying this for gf's gun. $300 shipped on a daily deal. Everything seems OK except the gas tube binds with the gas key. I could deal with PSA's customer service I guess but I'm just going to get a torque wrench from Harbor Freight and re-time the barrel nut when I have a free afternoon.dr poopgiggle said:[girlfriend's] upper will probably end up being a mid-tier PSA thing; I'll report back in a month or so when it's built.
I bought two PSA uppers last cyber Monday. One was a .223 SBR and the other was a .300blk SBR. They were super cheap because they didn't come with BCG's and charging Handles. When thet showed up they HAD BCG and handles!!! I almost called them to pay extra for the parts. But I figured I'd test them for a bit and if they lasted 10,000 rounds I'd pay for them at that time.dr poopgiggle said:I ended up buying this for gf's gun. $300 shipped on a daily deal. Everything seems OK except the gas tube binds with the gas key. I could deal with PSA's customer service I guess but I'm just going to get a torque wrench from Harbor Freight and re-time the barrel nut when I have a free afternoon.
Some other stuff:
- Both Anderson lowers went together without issue.
- My gun has a BCM buffer tube, hers has a DSA buffer/stock kit on it. IDK about durability but the machining on the BCM was noticeably better. Not a big shock there.
- Spike's and CMMG LPKs were both good. CMMG puts the parts in color-coded bags which sounds nice but, in hindsight, figuring which part is which isn't hard enough for that to be a thing I would spend extra money for again. The Spike's kit came with a different grip that I like more than the mil-spec one. The CMMG trigger is pretty good but not as good as the ALG ACT trigger in my gun (it better not be; I paid $65 for that ACT).
- ALG tubes are nice. I wish I would have gotten a 12" length of 1-inch pipe to torque the nut down, like the instructions say to do, instead of trying to use Vice Grips clamped onto the wrench but I got it together.
- I expected Magpul MBUS sights to be...not very good at being sights, because they're plastic folding backup sights. I actually shoot them better than regular AR irons. I was surprised.
This has been "observations of a dumb newbie"
https://www.brownells.com/rifle-parts/receiver-parts/receivers/lower-receivers/ar-15-stripped-lower-receiver-prod75094.aspxJesse Tischauser said:Is that PSA kit assembled? Most people don't know where the mag goes much less how to build an AR.
Next time you see $35 lowers please post a link or send me a PM.