My First Competition

oklaccer

I went to Pryor yesterday (7-9) to shoot the Steel Challenge at Alpha Training Academy. The day went well, as I didn't DQ, and finished 4th in my division. OK, so the 5th shooter DNF'D. My major observation is this - THE TIMER IS EVIL. The mental stigma of this inanimate object ticking away, judging my performance was a continual PITA. I had a few runs where I was able to get it out of my head and just enjoy the moment. But then it was there again, beeping away, messing with my mind. But do not fear, I will return. I will prevail. I will destroy the monster.
Thanks to all that were there to show me the ropes. See you next month in Pryor.

jimeradams

Good for you for getting out there and giving it a go! I haven't had the money or time to try a comp yet, but I'm working up to it!

dennishoddy

It is amazing how intimidating that little beep can be. :D
Glad to see you get started. It can become really addictive.

Matt1911

Cyrwus Jr.
Congrats to 4th in your division.
I've really enjoyed doing competitions more and more every time I do one. Keep up the good shooting.

ryanncass

ussa has steel challenge the first Sunday of the month, Oil capitol has it the 3rd Sunday i think.

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
Staff member
I think we need to plan a bunch of carpooling from OKC and Tulsa to go shoot the Alpha Training academy USPSA match in August. We can support our newest USPSA club and our new section coordinator. I got a 15 passenger can I can bring.

ryanncass

I think we need to plan a bunch of carpooling from OKC and Tulsa to go shoot the Alpha Training academy USPSA match in August. We can support our newest USPSA club and our new section coordinator. I got a 15 passenger can I can bring.

you could also car pool to ussa for proam on the same date.

Latest posts