New Year's Resolutions

KellyB

What are your New Year's Resolutions?
Let's hear it!
You're going to do more of?
Do less of?
Any new bucket list items?

Mine:
Do more dry fire practice & have more fun.
Do less worrying & chickening out of what I think I can't do.
New Bucket list items: travel to some place fun for 2-3 matches just for the sake of going.

Merry Christmas to all the BoomerShooter pals! And Happy New Year!

https://youtu.be/BzMCjFQIefg

yury

Who is that Jim and why everyone wants to hit him after New Year?

I'll just need to find a trainer to prepare myself for Level 2 or 3 USPSA match this year -- from D to A in 9 months. Yeah, baby!

P.S. and I want to get that fancy personalized fancy BoomerShooter polo-shirt for next year too

DanTyler

Resolution: I will make master in USPSA
Prod this year AND in IDPA semi-auto.

I missed last year's goal of making B from U by end of year (only been hitting it hard since August). Fixed that up last week by putting up a handful of 75-80% classifiers all at once.

To this end. I will dry fire practice 30mins 4 days a week (increase from 2), and I will continue my 3 match /week pace and hosting monthly competitive live fire drill days.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

KellyB

DanTyler said:
To this end. I will dry fire practice 30mins 4 days a week (increase from 2), and I will continue my 3 match /week pace and hosting monthly competitive live fire drill days.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
^I need this workout plan.

DanTyler

KellyB said:
^I need this workout plan.
The only thing stopping you... is you.

That and probably other life priorities and realities that make 3 matches a week difficult. But the dry fire and shooting as many matches as you can is doable. I've known very very few people that, if they worked at it a bit, could not find 30mins 4 times a week.

KellyB

DanTyler said:
The only thing stopping you... is you.
I've known very very few people that, if they worked at it a bit, could not find 30mins 4 times a week.
This is the change I’ve made (dryfire with purpose) plus with at least one live fire quickie session per week outside of a match.