Officer facing questions over Dust Cover | You're F****D

BurkLee

Regular guy
Staff member
Full Story here: http://bearingarms.com/officer-faces-murder-charge-questions-ar-15-dust-cover

Short version: Officer shoots and kills suspect. Defense attorney for suspect questions officer on why he has a dust cover that reads "You're F***d".

I have always said that even though the humorous striker plates and engravings are cute, I don't think they have a place on a defensive pistol

I don't have a hammer with "Nail that Shit" etched on it (come to think of it, maybe I should)

BurkLee

Regular guy
Staff member
Josh Cobb said:
Can Tony engrave a hammer? Could be fun!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wall said:
Tony, if Josh asks you to engrave "Nail That Shit" on a hammer, please get a waiver in case he uses it to smash in an RO's skull or something*

*I am not a lawyer but this sounds like pretty good advice*

wav3rhythm

Spencer is a lawyer. You're in good company.

I also couldn't find anything in the USPSA rule book that prohibits any of this. Is it one procedural or one per hit?

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
It's only even a thing because the guy was unarmed & was shot 5 times, all on body cam footage. So they're bringing every thing they can into it, to throw the book at him.

BurkLee

Regular guy
Staff member
I still wouldn't want to use a gun in self defense with a big ol' engraving on the side that said "THE ONLY GOOD ***** IS A DEAD ******"

I would be OK with this, however.

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
Staff member
Burk Cornelius said:
I still wouldn't want to use a gun in self defense with a big ol' engraving on the side that said "THE ONLY GOOD ***** IS A DEAD ******"

Yes those rifles should only be used in the zombie apocalypse

wav3rhythm

Burk Cornelius said:

I believe this would require a race holster rather than a Kydex. Would you get bumped from "production" to "big balls"?

michaelclm

Banned from the timer
If you're going to go all Molon Labe on your carry or service weapon(s), you better be ready to defend how your cranial space was calibrated leading up to and during the incident. It might not seem fair, but it sure as shit is how it is.

Mas Ayoob has been beating the "articulation" horse for years. If your only valid response to the question is, "Uh, cuz it's kewl." then prepare yourself for entry; because you're probably going to prison...and not the white collar kind.

Matt1911

Cyrwus Jr.
Anyone that puts balls on their gun or truck either has a lack of them and is trying to compensate, or they have a strange fetish for fleshy man junk.

Skip

Burk Cornelius said:
Full Story here: http://bearingarms.com/officer-faces-murder-charge-questions-ar-15-dust-cover

Short version: Officer shoots and kills suspect. Defense attorney for suspect questions officer on why he has a dust cover that reads "You're F***d".

I have always said that even though the humorous striker plates and engravings are cute, I don't think they have a place on a defensive pistol

I don't have a hammer with "Nail that Shit" etched on it (come to think of it, maybe I should)
Seem that it was appropriate, at least in this case.

Skip

Matt Rigsby said:
Anyone that puts balls on their gun or truck either has a lack of them and is trying to compensate, or they have a strange fetish for fleshy man junk.
I don't get that either, looks kind of stupid

Skip

Wall said:
It's only even a thing because the guy was unarmed & was shot 5 times, all on body cam footage. So they're bringing every thing they can into it, to throw the book at him.
Did they ask the cop why he shot him five times? If so did he say because he didn't have six bullets?

BurkLee

Regular guy
Staff member
Skip said:
Did they ask the cop why he shot him five times? If so did he say because he didn't have six bullets?
Probably

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk