OKCGC requiring chamber flags

Burk Cornelius

Regular guy
Staff member
If you weren't at the 3-gun match last weekend or if you didn't hear, match director Kurt Miller announced that OKCGC has implemented a new rule that all long guns will be required to have an empty chamber flag. Unless in a case or in make ready condition.

Kurt, if I left anything out, let me know

argyle64

kdf9511 said:
Is there anywhere local that has some of those in stock?
I think Mark's Firearms has them. You could make your own. Buy some of the higher strength zip ties in an orange or yellow color.

LuckyDucky

ArGyLe64 said:
I think Mark's Firearms has them. You could make your own. Buy some of the higher strength zip ties in an orange or yellow color.
Yeah just go to Lowes and get some highly visible cable ties

kdf9511

ArGyLe64 said:
Zip ties would be easy but they aren't reusable. I've got access to just about any type of cable tie you could want at work execpt orange or yellow. I may have to dig through the cabinets here and see if I can't come up with something.

argyle64

You cut the zip tie, maybe 6" long. Stick the small end inside the chamber, let the fastener part hang out, and close the bolt on it. Just like a chamber flag.

kdf9511

TacticalK9 said:
Sure they are, Stick it in the chamber and close the bolt on it with the "buckle" end sticking out. stick another zip tie through that than in on it selfand you have a big round reusable flag

Ahhh....as the light finaly comes on.....

Do they have to be yellow or orange? I've mainly got white and black. I know the black ones aren't so hot but I can hang orange flag tags on them.

I'll have to grab a handfull and toss them in the range bag when I finaly get to go to a 3 gun match then. I'll even grab a few that have tag's on them that will be easily visible. I'll take some home tonight and see how they work.

LuckyDucky

ArGyLe64 said:
You cut the zip tie, maybe 6" long. Stick the small end inside the chamber, let the fastener part hang out, and close the bolt on it. Just like a chamber flag.
Make a loop with it so you can pull it out easily

kdf9511

Ok, well I dug through my stash at work before I left and found some yellow cable marking tags and some small orange/red cable ties. Got home a few min ago and came up with this. I'll make up some more of them and toss them in the range bag if I get to a three gun match in case anyone needs some.

It doesn't look like it on the pic but the yellow plastic card is attached to the cable tie so it won't fall off.

Attachments

• 20130130_2317311.jpg
    20130130_2317311.jpg
    156.5 KB · Views: 76

Burk Cornelius

Regular guy
Staff member
Since we approaching our Feb 3-gun match, is everyone just going to use a zip tie or some kind of commercial offering?

Arredondo makes this set for shotgun and AR. I hope my favorite Pro Shop where I typically "Make Ready" gets something like this in soon

Arredondo_Chamber_Flags_m.jpg

ShaneP

Looks good to me
They had those Tapco flags above at Academy. $7.99 for a six pack of each, and they were packs of specific flags so 6 rifle or 6 pistol or 6 shotgun. They didn't have a mixed package unfortunately.

I too hope that Make Ready can get something lined up. Maybe buy a few of the 6 packs and pair them together...