PCC ammo?

KellyB

Active Member
I have a new PCC. Isn't it pretty?!

Is there a PCC ammo or one that is better for PCC?
I've been using my 9 mm pistol ammo but it seems to run much dirtier through the PCC. Usual Brands: Winchester, Remington, PMC.
The stockpile has diminished, I need to replenish the war chest. Wanted to get input from some of you. Looking forward to you sharing.

P.S. Reloading isn't an option right now.

JP GMR-15 (oooo! pretty gold bling)

Thanks to Make Ready Pro Shop for the gun & all the accessories!
http://www.makereadyproshop.com/
 

Burk Cornelius

Regular guy
Staff member
KellyB said:
I have a new PCC. Isn't it pretty?!

Is there a PCC ammo or one that is better for PCC?
I've been using my 9 mm pistol ammo but it seems to run much dirtier through the PCC. Usual Brands: Winchester, Remington, PMC.
The stockpile has diminished, I need to replenish the war chest. Wanted to get input from some of you. Looking forward to you sharing.

P.S. Reloading isn't an option right now.

JP GMR-15 (oooo! pretty gold bling)

Thanks to Make Ready Pro Shop for the gun & all the accessories!
http://www.makereadyproshop.com/
Dirtier the better

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
 

Professor

Active Member
Try some Federal and American Eagle have been the cleanest factory ammo that I have personally used but your PCC is going to get dirtier than your pistols.

If you start reloading VV-N320 powder is one of the cleanest I have used, but at a premium.
 

KellyB

Active Member
Matt Rigsby said:
The gun is blowback operated, so it's gonna be dirty. Just use your regular pistol ammo.
Jamie Meyer said:
Love your new PCC!! Yes it's dirty...oh well it's fun lol!!
Thanks Matt & Jamie! I learn something new each day.
 

KellyB

Active Member
Thanks Peeps! Just in time with the info. Found a deal on some Winchester today, planning to get her dirty tomorrow & Wednesday.
 

Push

New Member
Just got a JP gmr-15, and put 875rnds through it in the past two weeks. I feed it FM 124, FM 135, FM 147, Stand-1 147 chubbies, Winchester 124 nato, Blazer aluminum 115, lawman 115, and cap arms 147 subsonic. Not a single hiccup with any of the ammo. I felt like the FM 135 had the least amount of movement, while cap arms was the harshest. I'm pretty sure this gun will run on anything.
 

KellyB

Active Member
Push said:
Just got a JP gmr-15, and put 875rnds through it in the past two weeks. I feed it FM 124, FM 135, FM 147, Stand-1 147 chubbies, Winchester 124 nato, Blazer aluminum 115, lawman 115, and cap arms 147 subsonic. Not a single hiccup with any of the ammo. I felt like the FM 135 had the least amount of movement, while cap arms was the harshest. I'm pretty sure this gun will run on anything.
That sounds like a really fun 2 weeks! Sounds like we bought smart.
 

Scott Hearn

Well-Known Member
If you are not reloading Academy has the Independence aluminum case stuff for .20 cents a round in the 100 count boxes. I ran 1 box of it through the wife's Shield with no issues at all. They also have the Remington range buckets on sale for $79.99 which works out the same as Blazer aluminum but you can reload or sell the brass.

If you are reloading jacketed bullets it's getting pretty hard to justify the time pulling the handle at these prices, I see 1000 round cases of brass cased/copper jacketed bulk everywhere for under $200 these days. Coated lead will still beat it pretty good though.

Edit: That Independence ammo is copper jacketed so you can shoot it at indoor ranges. I only shoot at steel with my gun, not out of it.
 

wgm2011

Active Member
Definitely Deplorable said:
If you are reloading jacketed bullets it's getting pretty hard to justify the time pulling the handle at these prices, I see 1000 round cases of brass cased/copper jacketed bulk everywhere for under $200 these days. Coated lead will still beat it pretty good though.
I've not tried a lot of factory ammo, but what I have shot in my PCC is hotter than I need to compete. The lowest PF factory ammo I've found is still over 140 PF in my carbine. Get that down to 130 or so and I'm a buyer.

Bill
 

Scott Hearn

Well-Known Member
Flatland Shooter said:
I've not tried a lot of factory ammo, but what I have shot in my PCC is hotter than I need to compete. The lowest PF factory ammo I've found is still over 140 PF in my carbine. Get that down to 130 or so and I'm a buyer.

Bill
True. But if you are classed as low as I am it really doesn't matter enough to consider. We low classed folks :eek: are better off with shooting in higher quantity and the lightweight bullets give a few more rounds for the same dollars. Gamer loads will start taking effect in the higher classifications.
 

Latest posts

Top