Production division max rounds

yury

New Member
I read the SCSA rule book. The rules are kind of vague on maximum rounds for Production division. It spells out that there is no limit for revolvers, and tables for rimfire have "Maximum ammunition capacity" specified as "No". However the Appendix I1 just refers USPSA Rules' Appendix D4. I assume there is no rounds limit as well in Production and I can load mags to the max. Just asking to be sure 100%. Also are magnets still prohibited in SCSA somewhere on the belt, e.g. to hold magazines for rimfire division gun?
 

ShaneP

Looks good to me
I'm not an expert, so don't quote me if I'm wrong, but I believe that appendix A says that the gear must meet the USPSA/IPSC division requirements, which for production division is 10 rounds in the magazine after the start signal. Meaning that you could have 11 in your first mag so that when you 'make ready', you 'll have one in the chamber and 10 in the magazine.
 

Rockon71385

Founding Member
yury said:
I read the SCSA rule book. The rules are kind of vague on maximum rounds for Production division. It spells out that there is no limit for revolvers, and tables for rimfire have "Maximum ammunition capacity" specified as "No". However the Appendix I1 just refers USPSA Rules' Appendix D4. I assume there is no rounds limit as well in Production and I can load mags to the max. Just asking to be sure 100%. Also are magnets still prohibited in SCSA somewhere on the belt, e.g. to hold magazines for rimfire division gun?
If it says to check appendix D4, then that means it uses the same 10rd mag capacity limit as Production division in USPSA competition as specified in D4.

Bring 5 mags loaded to 10rds and you should be good. If you're taking more than 5-6 shots per string, you're doing it wrong. One of the first steps to improving at Steel Challenge is learning to hit 5 plates with 5 shots consistently. When you're pushing for speed, you might have to take an extra shot to make up for a mistake, but that should be the exception not the norm.

I'm not sure where I first heard this, but it's one of my favorite sayings and it applies to so many things in life: "The fastest way to shoot steel is once"
 

yury

New Member
Robbie said:
If you're taking more than 5-6 shots per string, you're doing it wrong.
That's cold. What if I have only 2 17rd magazines? Does this mean I'm not allowed to participate in the Production division? What if Tony does not want to help me to reload mags?
 

yury

New Member
Off-topic and jokes aside, some history. I was reading rules the right way from the beginning and was loading only 10. However at one match, being tired and stuff, I spent all 10rd couple of times, and got advice from a more experienced shooter that there is no such rule in SCSA and can top it. So I'm just checking a theory. I thought it will be useful to recommend a novice guy to do just that if it's true, or reload every other match and help RO more (e.g. recording scores). I see now that things too tense on this forum.
 

Matt1911

Cyrwus Jr.
Nothing is tense on this forum. Load mags to 10 rounds and reload if necessary.
When I first got my MKIII I only had 2 mags with it and would have to reload between strings.
Nobody will fault you for it, just try to be quick or find a loader buddy.
I don't mind helping and I know others will help as well.
 

Jeff T.

Active Member
Matt Rigsby said:
...have to reload between strings.
Nobody will fault you for it, just try to be quick or find a loader buddy.
I don't mind helping and I know others will help as well.
This ^^^^^

If you're coming to steel challenge at OKCGC this Saturday 9/16/17, when we squad up, get on my squad, I'll help you reload if I am not RO'ing.


Live Simply, Love Generously, Care Deeply, Speak Kindly, Shoot Well, Leave the Rest to God.
 

Latest posts

Top