Shooting a Pro-Am style this weekend.....

Jeffrey Hite

Relax, and shoot only as fast as your experience will let you. Going too fast will cost you in the long run. Have fun.

jhenke

Ugh. At least I had fun sucking. Knew what mistakes I was making and yet continued to shoot the same. If I could, I'd turn my back on myself in disgust.

At least I got my first pistol match out of the way. Gotta start somewhere.

poopgiggle

B Class Nobody
Torque said:
Knew what mistakes I was making and yet continued to shoot the same. If I could, I'd turn my back on myself in disgust.
What part of "don't worry, be happy" did you not understand?

I'm going to need 75% less worrying and approximately 32.33% more happy from you.

jhenke

I did start out with saying I had fun. Seriously, it was tongue in cheek. No worries. I know what to correct. We just don't have any ranges here to practice anything like a competition. No steel. No multiple targets. Straight on paper. Now that I've done it, I know what needs work. I'll see how the IPSC match goes at the end of the month.

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
Staff member
Torque said:
We just don't have any ranges here to practice anything like a competition. No steel. No multiple targets. Straight on paper. Now that I've done it, I know what needs work. I'll see how the IPSC match goes at the end of the month.
It's pretty rare to find a range that lets you practice the dynamic stuff that we do in the action shooting sports.

jhenke

TacticalK9 said:
Im pretty sure NY hasnt outlawed dryfire
True, it's one of the few things left. LOL.

I have plenty to work on. First time drawing from a holster and I notice, I tend to over trigger my Glock, pulling my shots. My hand is a little big. Do they make a good grip cover for a Gen 3? My buddy has a Hogue, but says it moves around a little.

Bob Sanders

We all suck the first few (dozen) times. I know I had to "right size" my expectations! Be safe, have fun, and dry fire!

Latest posts