Timney reviews wanted

BurkLee

Regular guy
Staff member
I want someone who uses a Timney Trigger to write a review for us to post in our review section and use as a promotional feature for Timney

Contact me for details. I will make it worth your while.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Matt1911

Cyrwus Jr.
I'm not a good writer, and have no chance of being good enough for the review section.
I have 2 Timneys and in a word..... awesome.... very little takeup, sweet crisp break and short but positive reset.

BurkLee

Regular guy
Staff member
Matt Rigsby said:
I'm not a good writer, and have no chance of being good enough for the review section.
I have 2 Timneys and in a word..... awesome.... very little takeup, sweet crisp break and short but positive reset.
If you write up something I will "doctor" it up and you will be famous

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
Matt Rigsby said:
boom....review

Matt1911

Cyrwus Jr.
Burk Cornelius said:
If you write up something I will "doctor" it up and you will be famous
I just wrote something. Doctor it and make me famous. The new Tundra is looking nice, make that happen.

FortyMikeMike

I got a Timney single stage to replace the recalled factory trigger in my Remington 700. I can write something up going from install to range report.

What time frame are you wanting these in?

Matt1911

Cyrwus Jr.
MikeF said:
I got a Timney single stage to replace the recalled factory trigger in my Remington 700. I can write something up going from install to range report.
Now. Right now.

BurkLee

Regular guy
Staff member
MikeF said:

A week or 2

OR3GUN

Sponsor
I had Timney triggers on my personal AR-15s for years, but it wasn't until recently I became completely sold on Timney as a company and am proud to be part of a company myself that shares space on the Boomer Shooter jersey with them.

I have a Remington 700 SPS-V in .308 that has been my go to for long range for years. I also had an identical gun set up in .223 for cheap practice. They were bone stock except for the Nikon Mil-Dot optics in Tally mounts. They were painstakingly lapped, leveled, tested and verified with dozens of rounds when they were initially set up. They both had ACDs and bubble levels attached to the scope tubes. I got my first 1000 yard hit with that same Remington 700 in .308 several years ago.

When I got the news that Remington was recalling the X-Mark Pro triggers in both of these guns I freaked. There was no way I was dismantling these well-dialed bolt guns and sending them off to be run through some recall assembly line. So, I gave Timney a call and ordered 2 of their left-hand flat triggers for the Remington 700. They even swapped out one of the components in each for better compatibility with the SPS-V model 700. As a lefty that is used to being 'left out' when it comes to upgrade options, having two left-handed triggers inside of a week was incredible.

Installation was easier than I thought it would be. They dropped right in and were simple to adjust for the exact pull weight I was used to. In dry fire testing I found that when I pulled from the rounded section of the trigger that I was used to I had a consistent 3 lb break. If I moved my finger to the end of the flat trigger face it broke at 2 lbs every time. Leverage for the win!

When I got it put back together I did something I knew not to. I brought it to a match without running any rounds through it. Not just any match, but a state level 3-Gun match with 100+ shooters. I confirmed zero at a sight-in bay with a total of 5 rounds to get a feel for the trigger. In dry fire I was impressed, but in live fire the break was so consistent I could almost will that last ounce of trigger squeeze when I wanted to break the shot. Later that same day I used the new Timney equipped 700 as a bonus rifle for a stage with targets out to 1000 yards. After the first part of the stage (which involved 30+ hits, with 14 of them beyond 100 yards with a Timney equipped AR-15) I abandoned the carbine and ran to the prone platform. I had considered skipping the bonus rifle ahead of the stage because I only had 5 rounds on the new trigger. I only had 4 rounds at my disposal (with a chamber empty start) and connected with the 800 yard and 900 yard targets on the clock before grounding the gun and moving on to the rest of the stage. Those two bonus hits were a factor in securing a Limited division win for the match after I did my part on the rest of the stages.

If Timney makes a trigger that fits it, that will be what it gets from now on. The further 3-gun pushes rifle targets out, the more sense it makes to have your 3-gun rifle behave like a bolt gun. I get the concept of a 'surprise break', but will forever fight the usefulness of that concept for any long range and/or unsupported approach shooting. Unlike other single stage/2-stage hybrid trigger designs that are popular in 3-Gun, Timney triggers don't offer any surprise at all. They simply work, exactly when you want them to.

William

View attachment 12294

This post has been promoted to an article

BurkLee

Regular guy
Staff member
Bjlffire1 said:
I will and I tried to do a simple install vid. Turned out OK for my 1st attempt.
Do you have this done?

BurkLee

Regular guy
Staff member
MikeF said:
Beat me to the punch there, nice write up!

If I hadn't already ordered a Timney for my 700, I definitely would now.
You can still do a write up as well, Mike